There is Hope (for jobs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is Hope (for jobs)

I am now officially a US Gov employee. Last year I hedged my bets and decided that this was the best way to go insofar as stability. My job is not glamerous but I don't give a damn. At my age, I need as close to stable as I can get. Any hint of consolidations, or layoffs and I'm useless....stressed...miserable.

I spent countless hours/days filling out applications for both private sector as well as gov. jobs. It was a very long & disheartening process. It consumed me. But I finally lucked out.

So just keep trying. That's all I can say because that is what I did....kept pressing on. I was either well qualified or over qualified for most of the jobs I applied to and often did not even receive an interview (which pixxed me off big-time!). Never having experienced a market like this, I was at the lowest of my mental professional lows.

It is true that for gov. jobs it helps to be a veteran, or a spouse of a vet, or a vet with a disability rating BUT civilians do get in too. If you have the qualifications & experience they are looking for, it's totally possible.

Just keep trying.
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
    341 July 1, 2008
    Discharged September 4, 2008
    Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Congrats!!
    *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Originally posted by danaf View Post
      I am now officially a US Gov employee.
      Does this mean that you're part of the problem now?

Congratulations on a job!
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
        Does this mean that you're part of the problem now?

Congratulations on a job!
        Grats on the job. Yes you now have stability. A government job is all that 'Bammy has been able to produce, but he's doing a bank up job of it. Two other jobs with stability are, bk lawyers, and morticians. 'hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Oh and I should add, repo roll-back owners.
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Well that is what is the most important fact of all. You have to be behind getting a job, it is something you really need to want because your own pressure in finding a new job is essential for getting one and for showing others that you are the perfect candidate for their company.

I think not enough people have the drive and the courage to stand up for themselves to show that they are the best and the only opportunity to hire!

Comment

Originally posted by jasonb View Post
              I think not enough people have the drive and the courage to stand up for themselves to show that they are the best and the only opportunity to hire!
              It seems everyone wants to blame the government because there are no jobs. I have been laid off 4 times in my life and there may be another one coming (hopefully not).

I can guarantee one thing if I get laid off. I WILL find a job and it won't be because of anything a politician or anyone else does or doesn't do.

People need to take responsibility for themselves and stop blaming the government for everything!!!!

Logan

Comment

Congrats Danaf!
                Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
                341 Meeting 09/09/09
                Discharged 11/12/09
                Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Congratulations on your new job!
                  Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                  Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Congrats! That's wonderful news. Good for you for sticking with it!
                    A mom on the Gulf Coast of FL filing CH7 and blogging about it. http://chapter7beforeandafter.blogspot.com

Retained Lawyer: 4/5/10. Filed: 6/17/10. 341: 7/21/10. Discharge Date: TBA

Comment

Congrats on your new job!
                      Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
                      Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
                      Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
                      341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

One of da FEW & da PRVILEDGE rank!! Congrats!!!

Comment

Logan most problems are caused by governments

Originally posted by Logan View Post
                          It seems everyone wants to blame the government because there are no jobs. I have been laid off 4 times in my life and there may be another one coming (hopefully not).

I can guarantee one thing if I get laid off. I WILL find a job and it won't be because of anything a politician or anyone else does or doesn't do.

People need to take responsibility for themselves and stop blaming the government for everything!!!!

Logan
                          Logan , lets agree that not everything but most things, ie the giant sucking sound of NAFTA, 55% + in combined taxes, Crushed wages with allowing 30 million illegals taking construction jobs from citizens, unbelievable regulation in "almost" every facet of Most businesses 90%. ECT> ECT>

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X